Friday, July 13, 2007

Dating

A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend of six years, and decided not to reenter the dating world. She's afraid that there are only divorced men out there and they must have been let go by their wives for a reason. She does not want to take a chance and get someone who was someone elses problem. I try to tell her to go for it, how bad could it be? She says shes done with men, and I say shes just chicken. She tells me to shut up and I just cluck like a chicken. Well to make a long story short, she did go out on a date with a coworker and unfortunately he was a dud. He talked about his ex wife all night, then ended up crying because he missed her so much. My friend ended up paying for dinner and had to drive him home because he was too distraught to grab a cab. She called me up and told me what happened, and I couldn't help but laugh. After a few minutes she also started to laugh. I told her that I am sure there are men out there who won't cry during dinner. She just told me to SHUT UP!!

No comments: