Thursday, July 19, 2007

Blind Date

My daughter has set me up on a blind date with the dad of her best friends roommate. She said he is tall, good looking and appears to be intelligent. Appears to be intelligent, what does that mean? Does his eyes focus, does he have a goofy look on his face? Appears to be intelligent, now thats a reason to date him. Now my daughter is 21 and her idea of good looking and my idea are vastly different. I just hope this man has all his teeth! She says that he is a retired business man, in his early fifties and he has a really cool car. Now that won me over, I smiled at her and said ‘a really cool car….cool,’ It took her a few minutes before she laughed and told me that I would really like him. I am so nervous, almost to the point of not going on this date. I haven’t dated in YEARS, last time i dated all the man had to do was grab me by the hair and drag me to his cave where I had to cook the dinosaur. How do I date in the 21st century? Okay, I need to take a deep breath and hope that i’m called in to work and I just have to break the date. Did I forget to mention, I have nothing to wear on this date. Why did I let her talk me, no not talk me but guilt me into this date. Man she is good, now how do I get out of it?

No comments: